If you have some property that you want to put on the market, you may be wondering how to get the most money for it. Marketing is a specialised field, after all, and not all of us understand the intricacies of how to ensure the public understands the true value of the property. It’s not easy, and there are a lot of things to consider.
On the other hand, it doesn’t have to be that hard – after all, there are a lot of experts who are willing to give you advice based on years and years of experience. Thinking about putting your house up for sale? Are you wondering how to attract the right people and get the right price? Here’s how to sell your house in the best way possible.
There are many things you should take into account, but here are some of the most important things:
- Make it the best – You may not need to renovate or spend much to make your house presentable, but make sure it’s neat, clean, and tidy. It’s a good time to get rid of much of the clutter that you haven’t disposed of yet. You will want to do a thorough inspection of your home to keep an eye out for damp or pests that you will need to disclose, you can then contact a pest control saint petersburg service, or similar, to get it sorted before any new owners move into the property.
- Get valuations – Get at least three; this will give you a better estimate of what your property is really worth, and it may give you hints on how to increase its value. Choose the one that’s most likely to get the best buyer.
- Get the best conveyancing service – Don’t just get any conveyancer; make sure it is done by a reputable conveyancing firm which gives you a trustworthy and efficient service.
- Who’s going to sell it? – You may want to sell it privately, go to a high street real estate broker, or rely on an online estate agency for quicker (and less costly) online house sales, since online agents don’t expect a percentage of the price – they just have minimal up-front fees.
- Ensure proper paperwork – Get it all sorted out early, and have it ready.
- Be clear – What exactly is for sale? (Think of furniture and fixings)
- Pick your buyer – If you’re lucky, you’ll have several prospects; pick the most reliable one.
- Dates are important – Agreeing on dates will eliminate a lot of headaches.
Here’s one more thing that is important: don’t just disappear without leaving any notice to interested parties. You may be thinking about a holiday or you may have to go on a business trip, but make sure that the people with whom you have to deal with for the possible sale of your house know what’s going on. Nothing worries an agent, surveyor, client, or a potential buyer more than total silence on your part – and you may miss out on a good opportunity by not notifying them in advance. Be smart, and sell in a professional way.